Thursday, October 27, 2005
7 months old today!
Today Emma is 7 months old. How I wish I were with her!
This time between the referral and waiting for final travel approval to come from the Chinese government has been the longest and hardest of the entire process. I see that beautiful girls picture everyday and just ache to hold her and love her. I pray that they take good care of her at the orphanage and that she is healthy and happy. I know my turn to go to China will come and we will be together...but waiting is soooo hard. I really truly can't stand it. On October 11, My adoption agency sent back my acceptance letter, stating that I would adopt Emma. Since that time they have been waiting for a final document to issue granting final approval to travel to China for the adoption. Once that document is received then the agency will request a consulate date at the U.S. Consulate in Guangzhou, China. There the adoption will be finalized and we can come home. Usually the wait inbetween the time that the acceptance letters are mailed back to China and the date of the final approval to travel is about 3 to 4 weeks. Then it will be about 3 weeks after that that I will get on the plane to go. Every day that passes without word means that it could be later and later before I go. I initially thought I would be getting home before Thanksgiving...now I am hoping and praying that I will make it in time to get over jetlag before Christmas. Of course if it gets much later - and into December at all, that may effect my mom and sister's plans to travel with me. Oh, I feel frustrated at this waiting!
Happy Birthday sweet Emma!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment