Tuesday, October 04, 2005

EMMA LUMAI BROBERG

After seeing her picture, hearing her Chinese name and mulling it over last night, I finally settled on the name Emma LuMai Broberg. I think it is lovely and very fitting for her.
LuMai is a combination of the first and middle name given to her by the orphanage. I am waiting for the paper work so that I can see the characters and determine the meaning, but I think it sounds beautiful and works perfectly with Emma.
LuMai is pronounced with Lu = "lou" and Mai = is like the possessive "my" - as in My daughter, My joy, My blessing, My future, My love, My Emma.
http://www.babysites.com/sites/broberg

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm overcome with gratitude and excitement. Emma LuMai is beautiful. The name is also fitting for one so precious and adorable. Can't wait to hold her, love her and give her everything she wants!
Grandma Broberg

Shannon said...

Susan,
I stumbled upon your blog- CONGRATULATIONS! Your daughter is beautiful. My family has just decided to begin the process of adopting from China. I will check back to your site to see how your travel goes.
A Thousand Best Wishes!
The Yates Family

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your beautiful new daughter. Are you a BYU grad? I stumbled upon your blog and saw something you mentioned about Young Ambassadors. Anyway, we are also former Cougars and are DTC in September and still waiting to hear a log in date. Congratulations! We're excited for our turn! Eileen

Anonymous said...

Congrats Mama!!! She's beautiful, you're beautiful, you were meant for eachother. We are so happy for the both of you. Put us on your list for babysitting. "Aunty" Maki is waiting!!!! We love you tons and we love Emma already.
Love, Woody and Maki