Monday, December 15, 2008

I'm dreaming of...

My OTHER Christmas angel. Its been two years since my paperwork was received in China for my second adoption. While this has been a magical, wonderful time for Emma and I, my heart does ache as I wonder about my next little one. I don't know if she or he has been born yet...and I don't have any idea when I might actually go, maybe not for as much as two or three more years. I pray that it will not take that long, but I honestly don't know. I hope that wherever my little one is (even if not born yet), that he or she will know that I am loving him or her already and dreaming of being together. Here is a picture of the 'matching room' - this central office in China processes all adoptions and does the matching of adoptive parents with children. You can see along the wall the shelves full of dossiers (applications/paperwork of adoptive parents). My dossier might be somewhere on that shelf! (I don't know when the picture was taken). This is an example of what is known as a 'finding ad'. In China, the county or province newspapers list the children who are in the orphanages in that area. This is the paper where Emma's ad ran back in 2005. This is just one of three full pages. Oh how I dream that every child on this earth could find a home where they can be loved, feel safety and be at peace.

1 comment:

Laurie said...

I love you, Susie Q! You have always been a mother-- long before you had your Emma. You were a mother in your heart. What a blessing it is. I know that feeling to long-- your arms physically ACHE. I so know that feeling. Mine ache a little less when I hold my new niece and nephew, but STILL. Your very own little darling is so much better. It won't be long. Hang in, and we will all celebrate together! Mylar Balloon