Friday, November 10, 2006

DTC TODAY

Well, it may be insane, but my papers have officially been sent for adoption #2. I hadn't planned on doing this quite so soon, but there were pretty reliable indications that China was going to cut off their adoptions to singles starting in January of 2007. So, just to be safe, I decided to go for it before the end of the year. I rushed around like crazy and got everything done early and now it is just a waiting game again. Actually, it will probably work out just great with the timing because now China has really started stretching out the time between receiving the paperwork and matching you with a child. The latest batch of 'referrals', as they are called, was between 14 to 15 months of waiting from the time they sent their papers. So, if that trend continues, that means I should get my referral sometime in the spring of 2008. Emma will be three years old and it might be just perfect. Of course the length of time might get longer than that even...and maybe I will have to travel in the winter again. But it doesn't matter - whatever the weather or timing - it will be wonderful. I am excited about adding another little one to the family...even though that seems really overwhelming! I hope to get a lot of things worked out in the next year! Anyway, thats the official news and announcement of new events of our lives.

No comments: