Thursday, July 28, 2005

The wait....

That's a picture of a caretaker watching two little Chinese babies in an orphanage (Social Welfare Institute is the official name for it). Now that the play is over and I have time to think....I find that I am making myself crazy in waiting for my adoption referral. Having that play consume so much of my time and energy was really useful to keeping me sane. I still have plenty to do around my house, but everything is taking a back seat to my adoption! All week I have been glued to the yahoo groups that I belong to, hoping to hear the news of referrals for the groups that are waiting ahead of me. Today referrals started pouring in...The referrals that are coming in today cover those adoptive families whose dossiers (thats the term for all the paper work that is sent to China) were logged into China's Central Adoption Agency up through January 27. My dossier was sent to China on February 17 and logged in on March 8. I could very easily be in the next group of referrals, which typically come from China about every 4-5 weeks or so...more likely I will be in the group after that... but even the possibility of thinking I could know as soon as next month the name and face of my little child and where she or he is living is almost more than I can comprehend! I hope I can develop some paitence.

No comments: