
Here it is fall already and we've not updated here all summer long. Perhaps it was because of the heat...a not altogether pleasant experience for me. I am not sure that I can stand 4+ months of 100 and higher degree weather every year. I thought I would melt. But we made it through and now that the days are in the 80s, I feel like a new person.
My nephew Eric entered the mission field this summer. He is in Arkansas and we are so proud of him. All of my nieces and nephews are doing great and I feel so lucky to be their aunt!
Unfortunately, we also had some tough times this summer. My cousin's 16 year old son Tyler died in a drowning accident. Tyler was such a wonderful young man - successful in school, a good friend, wonderful athlete (including a lifeguard and surfer), and just a happy positive person. His loss has been so difficult and sad for all the family. Just one month after Tyler's death, my dear uncle Dick, my dad's twin brother, suffered a massive heart attack and also passed away. What an amazing man he was, one of great faith, humor, love and kindness. I will miss him terribly as well. He and my father were 'two of a kind' - and losing him is like losing a little part of my dad too.
As to the rest of the summer, I have been busy setting up my own office and sewing costumes in the meantime for the St. George Musical Theater. It has been an interesting experience in many ways. I am happy to say, my office is now up and running, I am just waiting for the clients to start knocking down the door! Emma just keeps growing and getting cuter all the time. She is just in heaven seeing grandma and grandpa everyday. She still attends dance and is talking a lot more than ever. It is so cute. Here is a little clip of her dancing around in her new Halloween costume (a ladybug)...she asks everyday to wear it:
Emma is of course the joy of all things in my life and if she is happy, I am happy. I do so miss my friends and associations in Los Angeles...but I am finding friends here and many good things to enjoy in the great state of Utah.
1 comment:
In Florida we hibernate in the summer and come out of our houses in the winter!!
Terrye in FL
Post a Comment